- English Language Arts units integrated with science and social studies topics that focus on information reading skills and critical thinking.
- Math program that requires students to understand and then apply mathematical concepts to real world problems.
- Science is taught in the classroom which features more hands on activities that extend and enhances instruction.
- Four year old preschool program funded by GSRP.
- Full-day Kindergarten for all students.
- Accelerated learning opportunities built in to daily instruction.
- On-going assessments to ensure students are making sufficient academic progress.
- Art, physical education, and music for alll.
- Before and after school DHS approved childcare.
- Strong student accountability measured by a national standardized test.
- Individualized personal learning plans for every child.
- Parent APTT Conferences 4 times per year to keep parents better informed of their students progress.
- After-school tutoring programs.
- Title 1 reading and math teachers to help students who are struggling in the core areas.
- Individualized computerized tutoring program for all students.
- State Street Academy Academy participates in all mandated state testing programs (M-Step)
- All teachers and administrators are highly qualified as required by the State of Michigan.