Organizational Meeting-July 20, 2016 Approved Minutes
Regular Board Approved Minutes July 2016-December 2016
Wednesday, July 15, 2015 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday, August 19, 2015 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday, September 16, 2015 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday, October 21, 2015 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday, November 18, 2015 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday, December 16, 2015 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday, January 20, 2016 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday, February 17, 2016 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday, March 16, 2016 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday, April 20, 2016 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday, May 18, 2016 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday, June 15, 2016 5:30 p.m.
Regular Meetings held the third Wednesday of every month @ 5:30 p.m. in room 309.
The office for the Board of Directors of State Street Academy is located at 1110 State St., Bay City, Michigan. Office hours are 8:00 a.m. through 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The phone number for the Board of Directors is (989) 684-6484.
• Minutes of all meetings of the Board of Directors are available for public review at the office of the Board of Directors no more than five business days following the meeting at which the minutes were approved.
• Notice of any special meeting of the Board of Directors is posted in accordance with the Michigan Open Meetings Act at the office of the Board of Directors no less than eighteen hours prior to the special meeting.
• Persons needing special assistance to attend a meeting of the Board of Directors are asked to contact the Board of Directors Office at (989) 684-6484 no later than 4 p.m. three business days prior to the meeting that person wishes to attend.
• State Street Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any of its programs or employment practices on the basis of religion, sex, race, creed, culture or ethnicity.
President – Michael Jury
Vice President – Samantha Anderson
Treasurer – Ward VanDerwill
Secretary - Sharon Dashkovitz
Board Member – Michael Kinsella, Steven Clark
Head of School – Joy Wagner
Administrative Assistant – Monique Engel
Board Recording Secretary – Monique Engel
State Street Academy Lease Agreements: Lease Agreements
State Street Academy Service Contracts: 2014-15 Service Agreements
Fire Safety Certificate: Fire Safety Certificate
Boiler Safety Certificate: Boiler Certificate
The Board of Directors is responsible to:
• Provide support to school staff and others charged with the responsibility for managing the schools;
• Facilitate maintenance of physical plant and promote positive school climate;
• Demonstrate and maintain fiscal responsibility;
• Provide vision for the school;
• Become acquainted with the school, staff, and students by visiting buildings regularly and attending school activities, board meetings and forums;
• Promote and support shared decision making and conflict resolution;
• Be fair, courteous, and consistent in making decisions regarding those students whose behavior problems we have appealed to the Board of Directors in accordance with the state law.
The email address for the Board of Education is: